Chocolate Espresso Bites Dana Rae Paré
Total 35 minutes / Makes 16 servings
Healthy fats plus coffee, get ready for a brain boost!
Chocolate Espresso Bites
Work from home? Try these keto espresso bites for a brain, body and mood boost instead of coffee.
Small bites, big benefits! These bite size treats are simple to make and packed with healthy mind/body nutrients.
- Dark chocolate decreases stress, boosts your mood and increases cognitive thought. More brain power!
- Espresso improves concentration and enhances physical activity. It’s also high in antioxidants and hydrocinnamic acid which helps fight free radicals from pollution and UV rays.
- Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which encourage your body to burn fat for fuel providing quick mind/body energy. Healthy fats from the coconut oil also balance the buzz of espresso. You’ll have more sustained energy and be less jittery.
Ready for a mood boost?
- 1/2 cup raw coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3 shots of espresso
- optional sweetener: stevia, agave, liquid monk fruit
- Melt coconut butter in micro a few seconds till soft.
- Melt coconut oil in micro till liquid.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Pour into silicone mini-muffin pan.
- Freeze 30 minutes.