Ginger Mock-garita Dana Rae Paré
Total 1 minute / Makes 1 serving
Hold the tequila! Here’s a healthy non-alcoholic margarita with a spicy ginger kick.
Giving up or cutting down on alcohol? Hang in there!
When you’re giving something up it’s important that you replace it with something healthier. Try my fresh, tart, non-alcohol version of a margarita with a spicy ginger kick.
It’s very low on the glycemic index which helps your metabolism and controls blood sugar levels. Lemons and fresh ginger provide delicious flavor and are filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits.
There’s no tequila, but I did add a splash of agave, the plant tequila is made from.
It’s light and refreshing, here’s more healthy benefits:
- Lemons contains high levels of Vitamin C a powerful antioxidant. Great for your skin and good for your heart. The fiber and plant compounds in lemons have shown to significantly reduce risk factors for heart disease and help lower cholesterol. Add a little pulp in your Mock-garita as the pectin will improve gut health and slow digestion of sugars and startches. Great for cleansing and weight loss!
- Ginger’s main bioactive compound is gingerol used for centuries for medicinal properties. It aids in digestion and is highly effective to relieve nausea. Gingerol is also an antioxidant and is anti-inflammatory. It can help reduce oxidative stress from free radicals. And last but not least, in multiple studies ginger has shown to significantly reduce body mass. There are many more positive health benefits of ginger noted in my other blogs. You’ll want to incorporate fresh ginger root into smoothies, juices and cooked meals everyday.
Get your summer party started!
- Place ice in glass.
- Add lemon juice, ginger, agave.
- Add Pellegrino to fill glass and stir well to mix in ginger.
- Garnish with fresh limes.